Freestyle Friday: Words Are Cool  

In case you were too lazy to click on that "Tumblelog" tab up top, it links to a side blog I maintain on Tumblr, which I've creatively dubbed Genius Tumbling. I know, right? The painful truth of the matter is that I don't update it nearly as often as I used to, however, I still manage to log on frequently enough to check out what others are posting.

Now in case you didn't know, most people on Tumblr (like myself) simply post pictures or the occasional video. One thing in particular that I see a lot of on there is something I refer to as "word whoring," wherein someone attempts to make a phrase or quote look far more funny/cute/poetic than it really is, simply by superimposing it on a colored background. Examples can be found here, here, here, fucking here, sweet Jesus here, here, and yes, una mas here. And it only took 5 minutes of waiting on the Tumblr wire to get all of those. But you get the point. Odds are at one time or another you had something similar set as your desktop wallpaper. I know I have.

For today's Freestyle Friday I thought I'd try my hand at word whoring. Each of the following are gems mined from the part of my brain that has nothing better to do on the bus ride home from work every day. You can even click through for the extra large versions to use as wallpaper. What can I say, I'm a giver.






Freestyle Friday bonus -- lighting yourself on fire is cool!

Bookmark and Share

22 Reasons to Live

Post a Comment