The Shattered Pelvis Would be Totally Worth it Though  

Remember that one time I didn't blog for weeks, despite the fact that not too long ago I was able to spin a daily yarn out of my ass over some of the worst movies ever made?

Yeah, me neither.

Isn't it funny how the more we have going on in our lives the less it feels like we are accomplishing? Perhaps we become too focused on what hasn't been checked off of the almighty to do list, or you have so many things running concurrently it all ends up getting logjammed? On a related note, am I the only one who thinks "logjam" should henceforth be used exclusively to describe a particularly painful bout of constipation?

There is, however, this alternative theory I've been working on to describe the constant level of crazy in my life as of late, but please bear with me as it's still in the early stages of development. Here goes:

I secretly enjoy the chaos.

Which I know sounds pretty cliched and lame, yet the reality is this sort of thing isn't all that uncommon. I mean, I witness people every day who seemingly go out of their way to be receptive of the chaos, and many of them are better for it. The part that is actually lame is that it's taken me breaching the realm of apocalyptic chaos to finally realize that what I enjoy is thriving amidst it all. Keeping busy, staying engaged in the things I do. Oreos, sex, chaos; it is possible to reach a level of saturation in all good things, as evidenced by such repercussions as diabetes, a shattered pelvis, or leaning a little to close into traffic in search of your breaking point. What I'm trying to say here is that I've discovered what works for me, I just happen to suck at managing it. In my defense though, I only recently figured out it even needed managing.

So as I move forward in finding the perfect amount of craziness (save family members; you're stuck with those guys), I think it would really benefit you to check back here every M/W/F; odds are you'll like what you see.

You know, because I'll actually be posting again. Just thought I should probably be clear on that.

Bookmark and Share

7 Reasons to Live

  • shine  
    August 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM

    I'll believe it when I see it.

    I do want to say this, though: The less time I have, the more I seem to get done. Seems odd, but it's almost always true. When I have nothing to do, I want to do just that. Nothing.

  • Some Guy  
    August 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM

    Glad to see you back! And I'm 100% on board with the logjam=constipation plan.

  • Monkey Girl  
    August 24, 2009 at 8:40 PM

    Well, of course, it' nice to see you're back, even without the shattered pelvis...trust me you don't want that...my brother was hit by an old lady barreling out of her driveway when he was riding by on his paper route, shattered pelvis, broken leg in two places, traction for six weeks in the hospital at age 16, not pretty, he kept trying to grab the nurses' asses.

    I personally like a drama free life, but with my family, that's rare.

  • ArabianMagic  
    August 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM

    I'm with you! I enjoy chaos. I love having 40 things going on at once. Why? Because it makes me feel good to have accomplished them all, it keeps me busy so I don't have time to get in trouble, it keeps me from idly eating, and I'm slightly ADHD, so the variety of things to do is always welcome.

  • FilmFemme  
    August 25, 2009 at 10:35 AM

    I agree with Shine. This is exactly why I a so productive between 5-5:30 every day. But right now (10:30am) I'm commenting on your blog!

  • Christian  
    August 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM

    According to Jackie Treehorn, logjamming meant something else. If you know what I mean.

  • kathcom  
    August 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

    Jay, if you shatter your pelvis having sex, you're either doing it wrong...or better than anyone else in the history of the world. Rage on, you chaos lovin' mofo!

Post a Comment