Choose Your Own Adventure  

When all you do is post random things, can you really claim to be doing random things any more? Food for thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I usually don't comment on the weekly polls to the right, unless of course it's geared towards a higher purpose for this blog. They're really just meant to be background noise and nothing else; a kind of back up plan for piquing your interest when one of my 4am absinthe-addled posts misses its mark. However, I can't help but be curious about the results of this week's poll:


I'm not one to judge, but there are least 9 people who read this blog that are out of their mind. OK, OK, one obvious exception; if you voted yes and have a debilitating condition that makes your life a daily hell, consider yourself officially exiled from Crazytown. Otherwise, you've got to be a fool to sacrifice another 20-30 years of (potentially) happy living just to be young in appearance and avoid a little bit of illness every now and again. Besides, if such a pill were created, it would likely cost millions of dollars anyway and not be covered by insurance. Except in Canada I guess, where it would be $5 and available at Safeway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In honor of it being 4/20, I'd like to offer up a mini-installment in my burgeoning blog series, The Stoner Diaries. This brief journal entry wasn't dated, but I'm thinking it happened somewhere in 2000 based on the journal I found it in:

I once believed in dreams come true.
Now all I believe in are thoughts made real.

I think I may have to create a new label so I can cross-tag this with "The Shroom Diaries" as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new poll is up, so please don't forget to vote on what I'll be subjected to for the month of May! Regardless of where the final decision falls, this is definitely going to be the most difficult challenge yet. A daily blog post or picture is one thing, but all of the current options have some pretty specific parameters around them, several of which are time-consuming. And to the person that sent the email suggesting I perform and display a daily act of genital origami a la Puppetry of the Penis, we'll be in touch.

Bookmark and Share

14 Reasons to Live

  • McLean  
    April 20, 2009 at 7:11 AM

    I had no idea that you and Jathan were so poetic...

  • the projectivist  
    April 20, 2009 at 8:10 AM

    i love your polls.

    i also think that when the results are in, you should give a rundown of the results.

  • Kelly  
    April 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM

    I have to admit, I thought about the pill thing. I would not like to ever appear old and I'm starting to transfer my paralizing fear to that cause (better than the fear of Cancer that it's normally stuck on.)

    I don't want to die young though. My grandma's going to be 90 this year. Her life pretty much kicks ass. She plays cards downstairs with her homies (she lives in a 55+ apartment, not a home) she gets to drink as much as she wants, because someone else is ALWAYS driving. Life is good...

  • Monkey Girl  
    April 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM

    Never gave it a second thought, 55 is way to young. I know plenty of women in the 70's, 80's, and 90's and they have spunk. I can't wait till I can say whatever I want to anyone and not care about the consequences.

  • Christie  
    April 20, 2009 at 2:14 PM

    Thanks for letting me be the exception. Don't knock it. Think of what you could do with my life insurance.

  • Meg Kathleen  
    April 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM

    I too saw the poll and thought people had lost your mind.

    I also agree that you might be getting in over your head on this 30 day thing. I'm a chick (in case you didn't know) and I couldn't stand 30 days of chick flicks.

  • shine (the artist formerly known as meshealle)  
    April 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM

    I keep trying to vote...but I just can't. I'm torn between the chick flick thing (and Meg has a point here, I couldn't take 30 straight days of chick flicks either) and the secrets thing.

    I would pick the watch you eat gross foods thing, but I don't want to put your wife through that. Plus I really hate to watch people puke.

    How will you choose the chick flicks?

  • Juice  
    April 20, 2009 at 11:28 PM

    No you are just random... Cliche?

    Well to make you feel better, a guy from Canadia in my dorm got himself a cute little venerial desease.

    Went to doctors =$70
    Got urine sample tested =$250
    Got tablets =$30

    Hope that makes you feel better about your hopelessly shit health system.

  • Jay  
    April 21, 2009 at 9:46 AM

    Shiner - First of all, there would little to most likely NO puking during the gross foods challenge. I would be eating strange in nature foods (organ meat, raw, etc., but not tainted, fetid meat or anything. Rest assured I have the stomach for this challenge.

    Determining what is a chick flick is going to be a little more difficult, but my general thoughts are to go after any movie that is at least 75% marketed to women. Hopefully none of my choices will be contested, as the point will ultimately be to pick the lamest of the lame. Trust that whatever entertainment value there may be will come from me tearing said movies apart.

  • Becky  
    April 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM

    On the poll, I know too many people that have a lot going on after the age of 55 -- besides, that's when you're supposed to enjoy your hard work and just retire/travel.

  • Christie  
    April 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM

    Are you seriously hiding the totals on the poll? Fucker.

  • Christie  
    April 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM

    Sorry, I'm stupid apparently.

    You aren't a fucker this time.

  • ~E  
    April 21, 2009 at 10:31 PM

    If that quote is what came out of you when you were once high out of your mind, then maybe you should keep dipping into that illegal pot of lawlessnes.

    that's my roundabout, sneaky, mean way of complimenting you by the way.

    Take it and run!

  • The Grunt  
    April 21, 2009 at 10:41 PM

    I still act 25 at least.

Post a Comment