Are You Repeatedly a Total Fucking Moron?  

Here's the deal -- I very often supplement my pocket money by participating in focus groups and research studies, both online and in person throughout the greater Puget Sound area. The gist is truly as straightforward as you might expect it to be; after a few hours in a dimly lit room gorging on coffee, soda, sub sandwiches, and spewing your opinions to a moderator, you walk away with a full stomach and are $75-$300 richer.

Many of these opportunities come my way via databases I signed up for, but the overwhelming majority are still found on craigslist, under the "ETC Jobs" section. As most studies fill up fast, I make it a daily habit to check for new ones. Over the past few weeks, there's one in particular I've seen re-posted countless times:


It's recurring presence signals the obvious; they're having a difficult time finding participants. For the life of me I just don't understand why. The only real criteria for eligibility is that you must "Have repeatedly been exposed to HIV through unprotected anal or vaginal sex within the last 2 years." C'mon people of Seattle, it's time to start being honest with yourselves. Who out of us hasn't been there? I mean, I still get exposed to HIV all the time, but the listing sadly excludes those of us who have weekly Super Soaker fights with tainted blood. Picky elitist bastards. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next lame one about mobile phones or fashion.

Bookmark and Share

13 Reasons to Live

Post a Comment