Today's Blog Brought to you by Merck & Co.  

Yesterday was an interesting day; one that was going extremely well, even if I did spend a great deal of time talking to myself, and mostly in swear words. However, there was some minor medical drama that ensued late in the day, for which I'll keep the details at a minimum, but think a quick review of the chemicals that hit my bloodstream throughout the day is worth sharing. Here goes, in the order that they were administered:
  • Loratadine
  • Singulair
  • Caffeine
  • Immunotherapy Antigens (x2)
  • Epinephrine
  • Prednisone
  • Albuterol (Nebulized)
  • Xyzal
  • Alcohol
  • Acetaminophen
For those of you living with asthma and allergies, this list likely paints a pretty clear picture of what happened. Those of superior genetic makeup may need me to bullet point it for them:
  • Jay takes daily antihistamines
  • Jay has lots of coffee at work
  • Jay goes in for allergy shots after lunch
  • Jay has severe reaction
  • Jay experiences labored breathing, hives, swelling, and further swearing
  • Jay gets more unnatural things put inside of him than Crystal at a NKotB concert
  • Jay goes home and drinks it off
I've had reactions to these shots before, one of which also required the epinephrine, but I'm hardly used to the medical attention given to me because of it. Getting rushed back to a room to have your shirt removed and tag-teamed by 6 clinicians is hardly my idea of a good time. Save one very sexy possibility of course.

Bookmark and Share

11 Reasons to Live

Post a Comment