This is All I Got  

I feel like I should lock arms with the millions of fellow bloggers out there who are talking about the debate last night, but I can only make it through a sentence or two before my head starts dropping into helicopter rolls from the sheer boredom of my own words. That and I don't really think I'm the right person to take a stab at sounding coherent about anything election-related. Though I certainly have my own ideas or opinions about this whole clusterfuck, I fear the Internet trolls who take to hacking at the legs of any reasonable thought, and quite frankly don't feel up to (or informed enough) exchanging in political discourse. With that said, I will instead post my two favorite election pictures thus far, both of which come courtesy of me stealing them from Pundit Kitchen.

I think that these pictures, along with my religion-bashing, human rights-touting ways, should make it fairly obvious who's getting my vote. Obama is more in line with my beliefs, and simply strikes me as the better candidate. He's a man who is striving to create his life's work, while I really feel that McCain is only looking for a taste of ultimate power before the reaper comes knocking. And as much as I enjoy Tina Fey's satire on Sarah Palin, making fun of the same dumb person only has a shelf life of about a year (tops) before we all start to get frustrated.

So much for staying away from political discussion.

Bookmark and Share

5 Reasons to Live

  • Em  
    October 16, 2008 at 11:27 AM

    HAHA.. I love these!

  • Chris  
    October 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM

    I think the election is pretty much finished. I've come to regard the McCain candidacy as one of capitulation on the part of the RNC. The political calculus was that Bush completely destroyed any chance of a Republican victory this election cycle, no matter who was put up. Recall that Romney mysteriously left the scene and McCain became the front runner. How does that happen unless he was told to stand down? When you consider the resume of Romney over anyone including McCain, Obama and even Hilary, Romney had to be considered a front runner. But the American people are just fed up with the current situation and that will insure a Democrat victory this time. The RNC figured why waste our front runner and have him branded a loser for the next election cyclef? Let's just put up an also ran as canon fodder. Enter John McCain, who I might add, lost to George Bush in 2000. Can you imagine losing to GB?

    This was clearly demonstrated when, after the last debate, Romney was asked by Chris Wallace about McCain's additional fix for the nation's delinquent mortgages and Romney, who serves as McCain's chief economic advisor, knew nothing about it. Even if that were true, a good spokesperson would fake his way through answering that question. What Romney did was chuck his boy under the bus with the RNC's blessing.

  • Ryan  
    October 16, 2008 at 1:42 PM

    I like the idea of a President who listens to Jay Z.

    I do not like the idea of a President who sits at his desk tapping his foot to Mairzy Doats.

  • The Grunt  
    October 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM

    Well, McCain's involvement with the Keating Five scandal certainly has me wondering about his integrity, not to mention the way he suddenly has his mouth wrapped around the dick of #43. McCain hit his apex long ago. There is no sense putting your chips on an old war horse heading for the glue factory.

  • Chelsea Talks Smack  
    October 17, 2008 at 11:30 AM

    HA, the pictures are fantastic. Obamamaammamamamaaaaaaaaa! He's got me. It was SO lcear during the debate that he is just a classy, well spoken, CLASSSY, did I mention that? Man. He didn't get all flustered and trollish when faced with difficult questions.

Post a Comment