And So It Begins...  

Brace yourselves for some news so shocking, it rivals Clay Aiken's recent coming out. Here it goes: I have not always been the most consistent blogger out there. I know, I know... it's hard to hear out loud something we've been trying to deny for so long. But you know what, it also feels good to hang it out there for everyone to see, much like Mr. Aiken does behind rest stops and at high school lacrosse games.

With this admonition, however, comes the opportunity for vindication. A test if you will, to determine once and for all whether or not my blogging prowess is but one step above that of the average emo douchebag, who only has enough time between cutting himself and finding new patches for his favorite pair of pegged jeans to post quarterly the contents of his tortured, misunderstood soul.

It might make sense for my plan of attack to include a series of carefully executed, groundbreaking posts, the kind that prison rapes your mind with thought-provoking force. But if you've ever been here before you definitely know that isn't my style. Instead, I'll be subjecting this worldwide series of tubes with a post every single day for an entire month. Quantity over quality I say!

As far as content goes, I can assure you that October is going to be a very exciting month. Not only will it witness the glorious rebirth of my winter beard, but I've got a few surprises in store. And if all else fails, I can always post video of me hurting myself*; a time-tested formula for comedy! Just don't be surprised if there are a couple of posts that read like this:

"Sweet Christ on a cracker it's 11:59 and I forgot to post it was goING TO BE REALLY COOL AND THEN I GOT BUSY DOING -- HOLY SHIT WHY IS MY CAPS LOCK ON ARGHHH! TOO LATE NOW!!!!!11"

To all of you thinking "Hey Jay, isn't this an awful lot like NaBloPoMo? Let me answer that question with two succinct counterpoints:
  • National Blog Posting Month is in November.
  • Fuck you.
You can see there are a few similarities. In my defense, I didn't even know such a thing existed until after being hit by the initial spark of genius. In essence, my idea is not only a smart one, but popular as well.

So if you're a fan of awkward humor, feats of beardness, semicolons, and italicized text, I hope to see a lot more of you over the next 30 days; it could very well be entertaining at times.

* Actual person(s) getting hurt will vary; may include my wife, neighbors, dog, and the homeless.

Bookmark and Share

4 Reasons to Live

  • Chris  
    September 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM

    yeah, yeah great, can't wait, but damn it all to hell, you just jacked my Clay Aiken line! I'm now thinking less blogging, not more is the way to go.

  • Ryan  
    September 30, 2008 at 11:20 AM

    This is a truly herculean feat you are attempting. I have been trying to pump myself up to post 5 days in a row, but your Caesar-like ambition makes me want to not even bother.

    I will however begin work on choreographing a cheerleading routine to help urge you forward.

  • Crystal  
    September 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

    what are pegged jeans?

    my bf grew out an accidental beard during the hurrication and, against my pleading, he shaved it off to go back to work and i hate him for it. hate him! christie - you enjoy that beard. there are starving women in texas.

  • Em  
    September 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM

    Very good. I went for 14 days in a row once and it went well, I must say. Although, some days were better than others. I look forward to hearing what you have to say 30 days in a row.

Post a Comment