An Introduction  

Welcome one, welcome all. As in none I'm sure. Without proper junket or established presence in the world's eye, I have a sharp suspicion that very few were biting their nails in anticipation of this first triumphant post from yours truly. No matter I say.

On a planet full of weary souls, those beaten by their careers and lifestyle are in the majority. Not many are lucky enough to do what they love for a living, spend as much time with their family as they'd like, or have the kind of cash flow that allows them to develop a taste for the finer things in life. I'm not here to flaunt that kind of luck, seeing as I am no more privy to it than the rest of the majority.

I live in the Pacific Northwest; Seattle to be precise. It's a magical land of overcast summers, where the beer is markedly cheaper than gas and everyone wears their opinions like a badge of courage... or possibly a bumper sticker of humiliation. Nonetheless, it's also the perfect place to indulge my passion for said beer, the great outdoors, and creative mockery of homeless people. I share residence and all manner of financial shackles with my lovely wife Christie, our three children, and a dog aptly named after a famous retarded literary persona.

Here's the essence of this post: I'm a bit of a smartass and a cynic. Should that pose a problem for your fragile senses, by all means board the next train to Happytown. I spend enough time suppressing these traits in the real world, so I'm taking a stab at some virtual release here. The good news for those with only a moderate tolerance to my jackassery is that there will be a lot of varying content on these pages to match my varying interests; things such as geek life, living green, pursuing better health, and semicolons are all likely to make appearances. So if you don't like what you see, come back in a few days and you may just feel differently about it.

It should be disclosed that I've had a few different blogs before, and I'll rehash some of that content in times of low inspiration or high binge drinking. In a perfect world that kind of thing would come off seamless to the reader, but should the latest post be titled "My Top Ten Windows 98 Hacks," just assume I'm face down somewhere in a puddle of my own something.

And on that pleasant note, I take my leave. If the suspense of when my next post will drop is too much for you, might I suggest you explore some of the sidebar links, such as my shared Google Reader items, Tumblr page, or Blogs of Note. You can also get to know me in a quasi-biblical sense through MySpace or Twitter. That's right folks; much like Samuel Jackson's ubiquitous nature in movies and pimp hand delivery, I'm everywhere.

Bookmark and Share

4 Reasons to Live

Post a Comment